- Keith Hudson, Owner of The Original Hip-Hop Shop, Cleared of Murder and Manslaughter in Seperate Trials
- JP ONE Avoids Lengthy Sentence in Fed Case With Attorney Kevin Bessant (Paperwork)
- JP ONE Headlines Grown Folks Show May 20th at The Bullfrog
- Register NOW for JP ONE's Music Business Crash Course Saturday, May 27th
- The Gifted & Talented Statewide Showcase Is A Huge Success
The Hip-Hop community in Detroit was rocked last October when the news of one of it’s own being charged with murder for another person that was well known amongst them. Marcel Dubose, 26 was shot outside of The Original Hip-Hop Shop on west Seven Mile Rd. near Greenfield and pronounced dead at the scene. The shooter, and owner of the historical venue, Keith B. Hudson, was formerly charged with murder. After a few months he was acquitted of murder charges and more recently acquited of manslaughter charges. Mr. Hudson didn’t walk away a free man, though. He was found guilty of Felony Firearm, which carries a mandatory two year prison sentence in the state of Michigan. Check out the story below.